Monday 14 September 2009

Cashing in

Sunday saw us rushing to DTD after a last minute decision to play in their regular tournament, we arrived 4mins before kick-off.

The turnout surprised me as when I took first in the same comp two weeks ago the field was about 40% bigger, tonight was not to be mine though and I exited in the 100/200 level.

Harmony faired better than I till a well timed shove ran into pocket Aces.

Table 45 and a £0.50/£1.00 cash game welcomed me to it's bosom and I walked away with around £220 profit in my pockets, mostly from seat 4 & seat 9, bless you.

By chilling and watching the game you should learn the tendencies of your opponents, seat 4 was a prime example of somewhat loose player who always came in for a raise in any position and paid of another players obvious straight with nothing but top pair. It took 2 hands for me to stack him.

Seat 9 was a new player to cash who I believe may have played a home game or two, but he had got lucky with 2 gutshots and so was ripe for the picking on.

Seat 3 did donate his remaining £14 stack in quite some style by reraising the £4 bet allin for the aforementioned amount and tossing his cards into the muck, where upon seat 2 announced he still had cards.

Not sure who was more dumbstruck, seat 3 or 2!!

No comments: