Tuesday 8 September 2009

Blonde Bashing

Tis merely days till "Blonde Bash 8", a gathering for members of the UK's most popular poker forum, which is to be held at the ALEA in Leeds.

I am actually looking forward to this one as the last one we attended was tinged by much sadness, our greatest friend in poker died just before and we were meant to meet him there. However, there was some joy as Helen made it to the final table which when taking into account the field contained pros, festival event winners and the odd poker journo, was no small feat.

Due to one reason or another, several "Blondes" have apparently fallen out with me but it has to be noted that these individuals are all of the type to dish out verbal & sarcasm but dislike it when it is served back.

Mostly in a much wittier way, even if I do say so myself.

In fact, news of my recent win at the fabulous "Dusk Till Dawn" incited not one comment of congratulations.

As the Fonz said -

"When you're this cool, they're out to get you"

I do so hope I get to face some of my "Ex" associates across the felt and I will provide a report of the event.

No comments: